- Perfect and extremely durable resistance to constant contact with sea water (permanent immersion), fresh water, hydrocarbons, organic solvents and numerous chemical products (pH 5.5 to 10.5).
- Good anti-fouling action and extreme ease of cleaning marine dirt (Anti-pollution in full compliance with the decree 82-7-82 of 14.09.1982).
- Perfect and extremely durable resistance to the corrosive actions of the saline atmosphere and sea spray.
- Perfect and extremely durable resistance to constant contact with high temperatures (600° C = 1112° F) as well as to repeated thermal shocks
temperature sectors are sea water, fresh water, treated water, boiling hydrocarbons, sea water or fresh water steam, gases or radiation.
- Excellent vacuum resistance (e.g. boiler vacuum).
- Perfect and long-lasting coating on already hot-dip galvanized surfaces.
- Very good conductivity and perfect equi-potentiality. Can be combined perfectly with a cathodic protection system using sacrificial anodes, which it automatically takes over.
Excellent welding primer: pre-treated metal elements can be welded together.
- Very high resistance to mechanical shocks.
- Phenomenal resistance to abrasion; the coating can be sanded, scratched, scuffed (even violently and repeatedly) without any risk of degradation or loss of efficiency;
IT IS A PERFECT SUBSTITUTE FOR METALLIZATION OR HOT-DIP GALVANIZATION.
- Perfect adhesion of certain ranges of finishing products (additional technical data sheets suitable for many specific uses).
ADVANTAGES IN APPLICATION
- Wide range of application temperatures (unlike many protective systems).
- Fast drying, greatly facilitating industrial processes.
- Very safe to use: 100% inorganic, water-based, non-flammable binder, non-polluting, no fumes, non-toxic, non-allergenic, easy storage of both components.
Please note: our waterborne inorganic silicate zinc hardens with dry heat and not with humidity like ethyl silicate zincs; applied, for example, in 2 layers totalling less than 30 microns, all long term tests conclude that the protection is equivalent or superior to that of ethyl silicate zincs for a significantly lower weight of zinc metal deposited, which makes it very competitive.